Check here for one time live events at Monroe Hall.
Monroe Hall has a variety of ongoing exercise classes, dances and more daily. Check here for general information or check the calendar for particulars.
A 2,700 square foot dance hall comprised of a hardwood maple floor, intimate cafe area, dining room, and kitchen with Wolf Range.
On February 5, 1915 nine women of the Monroe district of Santa Rosa, California gathered together to form the Monroe Neighborhood Clubhouse. Meeting in homes, local halls and even chicken houses, these gatherings soon became work parties when WWI arrived. The women took up their knitting needles, sewed, set up jelly, and helped the Red Cross meet the needs of our troops. Seven years later, on April 27, 1922, the present hall was built and founded by the membership of the Monroe Neighborhood Clubhouse, whose numbers now reached thirty-four.
You will be transported to a Louisiana dance hall tonight when dancing to Mark St. Mary. Playing since age 15, Mark St. Mary has won numerous awards over the years including “Best Zydeco Band” in 2007 by the Bay Area Blues Society.
- 6:30 Zydeco, swing, and Cha Cha dance lessons
- 7:30-10:30 Dancing to Mark St. Mary
- Only $15 at the door
- For more information, contact Steve Luther at 707-529-5450
The band has set out to become their own genre, and their live performances have become one of the sweatiest, electric, crowd interactive parties you’ll ever attend, widely regarded as being one of the best live acts and dance bands coming out of the San Francisco Bay Area (and we tour up and down the west coast regularly).
- 6:30 Beginning Jitterbug Swing lessons
- 6:30 Intermediate West Coast Swing lessons
- 7:30-10:30 Dancing to LOST DOG FOUND
- $15 at the door
- For more information contact DJ Steve Luther at 707-529-5450
- Lee Anne Welch on fiddle; Rebecca King on piano; and Topher Gayle on guitar, mandolin,and percussion
- Caller: Kelsey Hartman
- Beginner’s Lesson at 7:30pm
- Prices: $10 NBCDS/CDSS-affiliate members; $12 non-members; $5 under 30, FT students w/ID, and financial hardship; $2 ages 6-17
- For more information contact Michael at email@example.com
With progress now we stand. And we'll build it up. Yes we'll build it up. With the help of every hand. And when e're we combine There's a social time. Awaiting for us all. Hurrah! Oh Hurrah! For the Monroe Neighborhood Club
– Circa 1915